Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Alright I'll post something

I still need to put in my ten minutes of writing today anyway. Not sure if this fits in with this blog though.

I've just been thinking about how my writing is too spread out. What I mean is, I have work on a flash drive, on my office computer, on my home computer, on my laptop... It's not working for me. I need to consolidate. I'd like to be revising a certain story right now but it's saved on my desktop at home (I'm on my lunchbreak at work). And I think I might also have a copy on my crappy laptop, also at home. I'm not sure which version is more up to date, and that's annoying.

2 comments:

Nik said...

I'm actually working on doing that now. I usually do my best writing when I'm actively ignoring something else and so I've got a bunch of work, all indifferent notebooks because they're supposed to be for notes for the class I happen to be in but end up being little snippets of things that I'm working on.

I just tore out the pages from all those notebooks and put them into a new notebook that I'm setting aside JUST for my own personal writing, which I mean to keep with me at all times. Maybe that would work for you? I like the tactile sensation of handwriting, so I do more work on notebook paper than I do on the computer, but I know I'm one of a few, so maybe another method would be better for you.

Just my two cents.

Megan B. said...

I prefer typing myself. I think I might use my flash drive as the storage space for current projects, and just keep it with me. I can't carry my laptop around because the battery is shot, but that would be even better.